Terraria – Fabulous Pixels, Sand Houses

 


I haven't played much computer games this year. But, as they say, I took part in the Steam sale. And I wanted to play computer games. On my computer. Atlas. And I got carried away one weekend. When I was at home and didn't have time to go to the countryside, I got lost in the game Terraria.


Very beautiful and vibrant graphics. Everything is pixelated. And it's really addictive – building a sand house. I was hooked for the whole weekend. And then I played. And then I started playing even more actively with my brother. It's like an extremely interesting game.

 I built my wooden house first. I chopped down a tree and built the house. The main thing is to survive the night. At night, monsters appear. A flying eye. And lots of different zombies. It's nice to remember that in this game they haven't forgotten about my friends – the cheerful zombies. There are lots of different sprites of them.

 




First, you get hooked on construction. You build a house. First floor, second floor. You can put a table and a chair in the house. The game looks very advanced and extremely well-thought-out. With a ton of different objects. You can sit on a chair. Put a plate on the table. A candle. It's very addictive. Then you mine resources, which you'll use to build. Wood is good. But there's also stone! And various other resources. Ore, sand. Little by little, you start digging down. Underground. Build the house further. Dig and build. But the nights aren't so dangerous anymore. You've made yourself a weapon or found one. And you can have fun fighting off zombies.



The surprise of the variety and thoughtfulness never fades. So much stuff! There are passages underground. It's as if someone made them before you. And there are jugs and chests. That's how I found my first chest. So many different things. Useful and not so useful. Materials from which you can make something. And you can take the chest itself and put it in your house. I'm completely immersed in the game, for the weekend. A great stress reliever. Build, mine, fight off zombie attacks at night. It's so funny how they knock on your door. Such an interesting two-dimensional world. 



Over time, you realize you can build the house higher and higher. You can almost see the sky. You have a tower. And then the idea comes to build another house. Out of stone, for example. Let's say it's a castle. With several floors. All made of stone. And with towers. You spend a lot of time on this. You need to mine a lot of stone. And do all this. It's a very constructive activity. Then there are the decorations. A wooden chair and table. Stone statues of knights. Candles and torches. Like a real gloomy early medieval castle. Then next to the castle, I built a tower. With several floors. These were my first construction discoveries. And then - I see - everything changes.



New music plays, new background animation. Everything is melting from the heat. There is sand. A sand zone. A desert. New monsters. Vultures. Cacti grow instead of trees. You can make other things out of cacti. A cactus table. A chair. And a bunch of different new items appear. Palm trees are also a new material. Catch a palm tree chair. A palm tree door. Tons of different lamps, candelabras. Not only from wood, but also from cacti and palm trees. And the sand you dig up can be made into sand bricks. And at night, stars fall from the sky. And you can make magical lanterns out of them. Put a star in a lantern. And hang it in your house. Beautiful! And from a fallen star, you can also make a fallen star brick.

 


I even made myself another small house in the desert from this star material. It turned out to be such a glamorous house. Almost pink. I placed my own items there to match the theme. And a little further back, there's a gloomy stone medieval tower. And a large castle. Also gloomy and stone. And with stone knights. And torches. Wooden tables. And next to this starry house, there's a pond. In the middle of the desert. And you can fish! With a fishing rod! You can catch a perch there! The variety is amazing! Especially the first time you play. To get lost in the game again! It's like being in a fairy tale!


Playing little games. From time to time i like to play videogames. And write about it. 

Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.


WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html 

ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/


BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/

TUMBLR: https://dimalink.tumblr.com/


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II – cinematic action and creepy aliens

Udochka – about flickering screen, Pascal moment