Music for September, I mean, how I'm learning!

 


I'm continuing to study music. This time, in a new way. From a textbook, so to speak. Well, not exactly. From exercises. I have a whole bunch of instruments. Bass guitar, electric guitar, synthesizer, and voice. I'm mastering all of them. Progress is modest. And every now and then I need to write. And on Fridays, I spend time on what I call a song. This is preparation for a song.


 My music week starts with bass guitar. Then the next day, electric guitar. Then synthesizer. Then voice. And then song. It's Monday-Friday. 1 hour a day. 1 subject. Maybe that's not quite right. Because there are so many instruments. And I'm clearly not the most talented. But this is the minimum musically.

 As for bass guitar. I played scales, exercises like spider, monster, and ladder. I'm learning the fretboard. As for electric guitar. I'm also memorizing the fretboard, some kind of exercises. Fifth chords. And the first two exercises from Troy Stretin's textbook - Rhythm Guitar in a Heavy Metal Style. This is where the blues-rock sequence is. Exercise number 2. I'm moving slowly. But I'm moving.

 


Then the synthesizer – here, according to the video lessons, a synthesizer from scratch. Chords. Chords are very important. There are many chords. Major and minor are the beginning. Then all sorts of raised and lowered degrees. Those are the basic ones. And chord playing. A chord is three notes. And you randomly play notes from the chord.




Voice. That's all I need for half an hour. Scales. First, in the LMMS program, then I pick up the bass guitar and follow the notes. And then I pick up the MIDI keyboard. This is basically my synthesizer. So far, from C4, the notes are four up and four down. Different music requires different voice pitches. I don't know if I need to go up or down. Then Friday comes. So I pick up the bass guitar and play chords from songs for 5 minutes, chanting the pitch. The letter A or O.

 


Actually, I need to practice music more. I've already added 10 minutes to the bass. That's 70 minutes total on the bass. I'm not forcing myself. Everything is relatively normal. I'm stabilizing at a calm and slow tempo. On Fridays, I try to add a theme song. The new activity is song. That's what it's called. It's just chords or a simple string from a song. I'll then make my own song.

 


Once the summer cottage season ends, I'll also be practicing music on the weekends during the rainy days. I'll have more time. Maybe at the dacha. But I need more physical activity. While I'm at the dacha, I don't have time for everything. I have to relax, garden, and work on the computer. Music just won't fit in yet. And there's no rush. The process of acquiring musicality is a long, drawn-out process. What's important is consistency and normalcy. That you do the exercises and don't suffer. You just play it. And it sticks in your head.



 For now, you need to practice music every day. An hour. I'm continuing this direction. Any longer, and you get tired. And then the next day, you don't want to do anything. It's better to meet your quota, then. Something new on bass is the spider exercise. You move each string diagonally along the fretboard. On electric guitar, it's rhythm playing. 



Blues rock progressions. Even 12-bar ones. There seem to be a lot of bars there! On synthesizer, yes, maybe it's the theme of playing chords and the techniques that the blogger "Synthesizer from Scratch" shows, which help you pretend to be able to play something. To pretend you know how. As the blogger and musician himself says. Sometimes it sounds so cool. But sometimes...

 


I should practice more. And I even want to. But it's difficult right away. And new things are difficult. And again, burnout is right there with me. Always there. I need to meet my quota. And just move forward. Gradually increasing the time spent on music. I keep going.

Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.


WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html 

ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/


TUMBLR: https://dimalink.tumblr.com/

BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/

MASTODON: https://mastodon.social/@DimaLink


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II – cinematic action and creepy aliens

Udochka – about flickering screen, Pascal moment