Balaga4C – underwater and programming

 



Programming has already begun. I used my previous development, BasGa, as a basis. So far, I've done very little new. I simply added new graphics. And this game is essentially similar to the previous one, only with new graphics. I still have a few things to add. Like text screens. And new differences. Like a bonus system.


Blue screen. So similar to Galaga. Only here there are backgrounds. Like drawn swirls of water. Or drops of water. Or rather, air. Drops of air – floating somewhere in a stream. And new sprites. Specially drawn just for this game. I spent a long time drawing. Drawing is great. I love drawing.

Otherwise, everything is the same for now. There's an indicator at the top that indicates what's happening. Only instead of the word "space," the word "water" appears. It's


as if everything is happening in water. Instead of the word "energy," the word "EnergyAir" appears. It's as if underwater, in addition to electricity, oxygen is also important. So there's something to breathe. Air and electricity. A combined element to reflect the word life.

 

So, I've moved on to programming. I've already implemented the new graphics. Everything else is still in place. A new development, which I'm slowly working on. This one is about the underwater world.

 

All the spaceship figures have white lines. Or rather, they're underwater vehicles. A wide variety of ship designs. It will play like Galaga, but with a bonus system. Bonuses will appear and disappear. They'll rise from the water and then submerge for a while. This is the game's signature feature.

 

There will be bonuses—like objects floating in the water. And they may or may not be visible. There will be bonuses. You can grab them. And there will be some positive effects for your underwater ship. Additional defense. Or additional underwater torpedoes. Like an extra shot.

 


The background color. These are the white lines of the ships. And blue water. About 24 sprites. For enemy underwater vehicles. And about 5 bonuses. And the player's submarine. Torpedoes. They fire torpedoes like that. They don't go that fast. Everything is underwater here. Maybe I started programming lazily. But I thought through the idea. When I started programming, I didn't quite understand how it would work. So, to show that it's underwater.

 


I'm making all this again, like a Galaga-like game. In the color scheme of MS-DoS. CGA. But the screen here is about 800 by 600. This is a game about an underwater world. Deep underwater. It has its own world. An underwater world. In the thickness of the water. Let's say in a deep underground ocean. Where there is no sunlight. And there is only depth. And someone is swimming here. Constantly.

 


So, it's a shooter. Like Galaga. But only left and right. Only this movement. With underwater effects. But I thought through the whole idea. Now I'll program it. There'll also be a bar at the bottom of the screen. It'll contain information about bonuses. So there are two menus in the game. The top one is the standard one. Level, lives. And the bottom one is about bonuses.

13 levels. That's how it happened. I just drew that many pictures at once. After the sprites. It was quick. And I ended up with 13 of them. So, 13 levels. Otherwise, it's a standard game. Except it's not a production line for these kinds of games yet. I'm still slow.


Basic Pascal version 1.22 "Fly" – most newest version. In this version there are 2 new games! WinoFly, BasGa. And even more retro games! It is a pack of retro games with modern versions of Basic and Pascal.


Basic Pascal: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/games/basicpascal/index_eng.html

Website: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html

Itchio: https://dimalink.itch.io/basic-pascal

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II – cinematic action and creepy aliens

Udochka – about flickering screen, Pascal moment