A day off in the garden, the days flying by
A wonderful weekend. In the garden. The weather was perfect, truly summery. A holiday. Sunny. Hot. I was gardening. And I didn't even notice how time flew by. I was plucking grass. This time, though, I was doing it more precisely and finely. Between the plants. Which were even intertwined. Between each other. I cleared a few more patches of grass.
This is my main activity. I drank tea. Had a delicious meal. Wandered around. And gardened. I watered the garden with fertilizer. And I realized that a 10-liter watering can uses up its water supply very quickly. Even with a spout. You can't get enough fertilizer with that kind of water consumption!
I was also
taking photos of my garden. The battery was a bit of a letdown. The
rechargeable battery. It died pretty quickly. But I think I managed to get
everything I wanted. I guess I didn't fully charge the rechargeable battery. It
was blinking yellow in the special charger. Then the light turned yellow. Then
it turned off. This happened several times. Then I forgot. I think I didn't
recharge it. You could say I left it alone for a whole year. And that's why
it's so effective. For now, I think so.
I shot some
video – with a compact video camera. As I call it for my film. It's not a film.
Just a short clip. There's only sky. Or grass. A bit of a garden. And that's
all. That's all my material. I want it about aliens. Sky and a caption –
waiting for a UFO. About 2 minutes. Nothing else happens. That's my creative
idea. This video. And photos of the garden – as many as possible – so that I'll
have enough to share online all year. The theme will be "Flower
Garden." Once a week.
I didn't
get to the computer again. I was in the garden all the time, so to speak. Only
occasionally escaping to my room. To take a break from the heat. And drink tea.
The most beautiful time in the garden has arrived – flowering. Flower season.
And the first day off in August. Everything went well. And joyfully. As always.
The day
flew by very quickly. In the evening, I washed the 8x8 cm containers. And
everything that served as containers for seedlings and flowers. Where they grew
before they were put into the real garden. Various jars. Yogurt containers.
Juice containers. Various containers. Anything you can grow flowers in. Washing
the containers—those gray and black plastic squares—is the biggest chore. There
are a lot of them. And I wash them every single one.
Then,
towards evening, it gets colder faster. So far, just colder. Compared to a hot
summer day. Not cold yet. But there's a coolness. Then, I can say I'm off to
bed. You get more tired when you're busy in the garden all day. And you fall
asleep earlier. And faster. A great day off.
It's
amazing how quickly the day flies. I just got here. Straight into the garden.
And then it's evening. So beautiful and golden. And then it gets colder and
much darker. Twilight. And it's also amazing how quickly summer flies. It
seemed like I'd only just started gardening. Just begun my summer season. I'd
say I'd only just begun. And now summer is drawing to a close. The last month
of summer.
Good summer days. The ones I've been waiting for all year. Until summer comes – the wait is so long. Just like in childhood. When will summer come? How long until summer? My typical questions. And time drags on. And then you forget. And then it gets lighter and warmer again. Spring. And you realize it's time to go back to the garden. And then May and summer again. And it flew by this time. I remember that summer, I remember it well. The first trips to the dacha.










Comments
Post a Comment