Network320Retro – 80s computers, carat
Summer. What a wonderful time. Over the winter, I put everything on hold. As much as I could. This project has been going since late fall. And now it's defrosting. In a minimal form. To really revive the project. It's a retro theme. Old computers. It's some kind of web project. I haven't had time to figure out what it is myself. Some kind of network, as I see it, in the 80s.
That's how
it all started. 80s, retro. Old computers. I took the 80s and computers as an
idea. Let's say it's an MSX-standard computer. For example, the MSX-1 format.
And a whole range of Soviet computers. Spectrum 48 level, and even an
MSX-themed version. I imagined it as a website. A kind of list of messages.
Readable. Like news. Short format. An image, short text. And then you can click
the button at the next level to read more. With more text and images. It's like
blog posts. But I came up with the idea myself. And I haven't fully articulated
what it is.
There's a
whole series of web attachments. This is the welcome page. There's a login
button. Then there's a sort of monitor page. From there, you select the network
to connect to. Imagination. These are all just web pages. And there you select
the system type. MSX, Vesta, Synthesis, Sura, PC 8000, Karat. These are all
types of computers from the 80s. It's sort of a thematic theme.
Then
there's its own visual style, in theory. Roughly the same, but with some
differences in design. And what's there? Something on the chosen topic. On the
chosen computer theme. It's like a blog or a short news series initially. And
then it expands to full articles. Or large texts with images.
Part of the
idea here is a retro stylization. My creative vision. In particular, this is
the low-resolution image format. Something like 320 by 240. And low quality. And
a special filter app. I forgot what program I used. It's probably some
Microsoft program, part of an extended version of Office-like programs.
Microsoft Photo Viewer, Image Viewer. I've already forgotten. And even lost
that software. But the point is to resurrect the project. Yes, I'll need to
find the software.
This is an
example, a template. There are pages. And some text. Some image. What it might
look like. Pages. Computers. I never figured out what it should be. But in a
simple form. This is both HTML practice. And an interest in old computers. I
have some myself, but haven't touched them in a while. Synthesis-2, Sura. Only
Sura doesn't work. Synthesis-2 isn't color. But I haven't figured it out. But
it's still interesting.
First of
all, this is a page about MSX for now. That's where I started. And then I
decided to add some more interesting retro computers. In theory, the author,
that is, I, should post short news and retro images there. In low-quality
format. Stylized. But I know nothing about these computers. I don't know how to
use them. And my computer of this type doesn't even work. But that's the idea.
Right now,
I've translated everything into Russian and English. It's a template. There's
no text there. Just random letters instead. To illustrate the general idea. And
I'm thinking about a database. How could all these messages be stored in a
database? I've never done that before. So far, everything is just written in
pages. It's essentially just a template.
Right now,
it's important to revive the web. In this form. So, in essence, it's almost
like what it was. Just with an English translation. And an attempt to use a
database to store information. Just an attempt. Initially, it was all just an
HTML page. And now it's a PHP page.








Comments
Post a Comment