Music four days in a row
Music. I'm
a big music fan. And I dream of learning to play something too. I'm studying
music. I was practicing steadily over the summer. Then I had a one-week break,
and I got back to that level, every day. It's not exactly every day, but I have
an hour of lessons from Monday to Thursday. Bass guitar. Electric guitar.
Synthesizer. Voice. That's the minimum I need. Then maybe I'll just choose one
instrument. Now I'm playing exercises. To learn. Since the summer, I've had a
new approach, you could say. Scales, exercises.
Bass
guitar. I play scales. Different exercises. Monster, for example. Ladder, for
example. I've already learned all the notes on the fretboard at scale level. Or
whatever it's called. 4 strings. E-A-D-G. And from them we build E-F-G-A-B-C-D.
For example, on the 4th string. Here's a thing for each string. It has its own
starting notes and sequence.
Electric
guitar. It's about the same starting point. I only have six strings to learn.
Well, the first and second strings are added. That's from the notes B and E.
It's funny how the first and sixth strings are the same in this sequence. And
then there are the exercises. Different ones. Fifth chords. I play E5 there,
for example. And so I go up the fretboard.
And
something interesting. I've added a textbook here called "Heavy Metal
Rhythm Guitar" by Troy Stretina. It's a very popular book. There are lots
of versions online. I saw it many times, even ten years ago. I tried it, but I
couldn't understand anything. Even the phrase "fifth chord" left me
stumped. Now I've started. I'm already playing the first rhythm exercise. It's
starting to work. One - foot down. Then - foot up. Rhythm 120. Chords 775. And
so you play. It works. It took several weeks to get to this point. My latest
achievement.
Synthesizer.
Here the whole hour is spent on the notes, and the synthesizer from scratch.
This blogger is a synthesizer from scratch. He has a channel. And there he
shows simple lessons. Useful for a quick start. It takes a whole hour. There
are melodies there. Very good ones. If you master them, you'll even feel like
you know how to play something. The blogger says so. Thanks to him for such
lessons. Chord playing. Both with the right and left hand. As if both hands
play the same thing. Or another option: the left hand plays the rhythm. And the
right hand plays the chords. A chord is three notes. And you press the notes in
random order. In different rhythms. If you want one note of a chord, play three
and add another one to the fourth bar from the notes of the chord.
Voice. I
won't say vocals. It sounds somehow cool. And this doesn't take an hour. But
half an hour. In fact. First, I play on the LMMS sound recording program. In
the end, I only use this program for now. I haven't figured out the others. I
wanted to play Luna. But it doesn't work for me. It's a shame. I really love
things like Luna. I just play scales. Or rather, I memorize the notes. I
install a piano plugin in LMMS. And I play from the notes. I sing the notes.
Then it's
the same thing for 10 minutes, but with a bass guitar in my hands. And 10
minutes with a keyboard. This is what I call a synthesizer. On a bass guitar,
the first two strings first. Then the remaining strings. The ones with the
lowest notes. On a synthesizer, it's the same as in the LMMS program. Only with
a real MIDI keyboard. You could say it's a preparation. A first look at a
computer music recording program. A DAW. What's called. And then the musical
instrument in my hands. Bass guitar or MIDI keyboard. And voice. Preparing to
record a song. Instrument, program, voice.
The notes
go up from the center position, 3-4 notes. I didn't even know I could do that.
And then the notes go down, also 3-4 notes. At first it was easier going down.
And then it became easier going up the notes. And so on for half an hour. I'm
chasing my voice along the notes. Up - like a high voice. And down - like a low
voice. Sometimes it seems like the thickest strings on the bass are a really
low voice. I don't have that. There's almost black metal there - you have to go
down, like the crackling of an insect or make a whisper. For example, the 3rd
bass string. It's fret 6. I seem to hit the same note. There are already songs
like that at that frequency. The third string is further from the first fret.
4, 6, 7, 8, I think that's how it works. That's how I practice.
Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.
WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html
ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/
TUMBLR: https://dimalink.tumblr.com/
BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/
MASTODON: https://mastodon.social/@DimaLink













Comments
Post a Comment