Balag 4C – white on blue drawing

 


Development of a new game is slowly progressing. It's a water-themed game. And a shooter. Like Balag. Everything takes place underwater. I've already drawn everything. It's a four-color game. The CGA color scheme for MS DOS. And the spaceships are white. The outlines. And the background is blue. Only the underwater ones are here. But it doesn't matter. And the white lines are the background. Like a relief.


The submarines float deep underwater. There's a world of their own there. These white outlines of the ships. And the background. Blue. Drops of water. Like an imitation of an underwater current. Just drops of water. Or relief. Like a surface layer. Or large underwater eddies.

That is, eddies underwater. Like underwater hurricanes. Which are stable. Like on some planets. And they last for a long time. You could say they're like mountains. Or elevations in the water column. Some kind of relief. For some kind of drawing. And the ships themselves. I spent the most time drawing them. I like drawing. And I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.



Spaceships. Or rather, submarines. But from the perspective of a game like this, it's the same thing. They were drawn with a sort of aquatic design. That means a streamlined shape. Like a submarine. A bathyscaphe. Or like World War II planes. With those long, shaft-shaped engines, when viewed from above, attached to the wings. These huge things flying in the sky. Slowly, it seems. Here, only underwater.

There are some triangular-shaped things. But several of them. Mostly with long things like these. Transparent, let's say. So that everything can be seen in the water. And the water, let's say, is also relatively transparent. If you turn on the electric light, then everything will be visible from under the glass.

 


I had those kinds of ideas. And I drew a lot of these white lines on a blue background. I saw some blueprints online that were also colored that way. I also came up with a bonus system. I also drew torpedoes. Missiles launched by the player and the enemy. One type for the player and one type for the opponents. And I drew the bonuses. That wasn't hard. It's a little more difficult to figure out what they're all for? What do these bonuses do? And the hardest part is writing the functions and implementing the software for it all. Programming the bonuses is the hardest part. So I don't know yet if it'll be in the game or not.



I came up with a bonus that simply increases your point total. It's a small square that kind of floats. Well, that is, it moves slowly from top to bottom. And you just have to catch it. Once you land on it. That's the easiest thing to implement. Extra lives. Like +50 percent to your life bar. Shield. These are essentially the same lives. Some kind of feature where enemy hits go. Like the life bar too. Then, some defensive functions. Like a wall that flies with you and absorbs the hit. And an auxiliary one. It's like an underwater robot assistant that can also shoot something. Duplicate your actions related to shooting. And a bonus—like an extra shot. I don't know what it's for. So, one torpedo at a time. And then two at once.



I don't know if this will make it into the game. It still needs to be programmed. I haven't started programming it yet. I still need to figure out the sounds and music. And even add a text screen with some semblance of description of what's happening in the game. So for now, I can say that only the game's design is ready. These are the artworks: white lines on a blue background. Everything is retro-themed. Like a toy from the 80s. Pseudo-80s.


Basic Pascal version 1.22 "Fly" – most newest version. In this version there are 2 new games! WinoFly, BasGa. And even more retro games! It is a pack of retro games with modern versions of Basic and Pascal.


Basic Pascal: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/games/basicpascal/index_eng.html

Website: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html

Itchio: https://dimalink.itch.io/basic-pascal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II – cinematic action and creepy aliens

Udochka – about flickering screen, Pascal moment