A Festive Summer Day in the Garden

 


The dacha weekend was festive and summery. The weather was hot. It seemed like every day was like this. Although this summer was warmer than last season. This summer, there were still some cool days. And it rained often. And I was in the rain, too. But this summer was definitely warmer than last.


 This weekend was the perfect heat. Intense heat. Cloudless skies. It seems so consistent. As if it's like this every day. The weather had been building up all week. And then the weekend hit just the right spot with this heat. Cloudless skies and heat. That's how it was. This is real summer. And my holiday. I finished planting the garden. July 18th. A holiday. This time I planted the very last plants.



The weakest ones. And there were roses. They have small roots. But at home, they've grown to a completely normal size. Some have even become large by seedling standards. Time to go to the garden. And even there, the grass has grown. Even so. Just one thing. Tall grass. It grew on me. I planted it too. Oh well. It's not hard for me.

 


Just one pallet this time. Planted quickly. Plus I added fertilizer to the garden. This time I watered the whole garden with fertilizer. I used a lot of packages. All I had. Two or even three. One fell. Dropped the water. Had to re-dilute it. 10 liters in a watering can. I need to think about this somehow. How to dilute the fertilizer more optimally. I'm still learning. I'm not a magician - I'm just learning.



I pulled grass. So the flowers would grow. I spent a lot of time on this. I cleared different corners of the garden. Of grass. In some places there was just a little. In others I simply removed a layer of grass. And in other places there were corners where the grass grew tall and was yellow from last season. Whole bushes like that. Under the lupines. It's a lupine. It has these green things growing on it. And down there, it's empty. Lots of grass growing there. I cleared that out too. So there's plenty of open space. It's getting some shade.



 You could say the garden's already turned out well. It's even the flowering season. The cornflowers are blooming beautifully. The marigolds are also blooming. The asters are starting to bloom. The lupine bloomed quickly at the very beginning of the summer season, and now it only has green leaves. The rest is growing. I'll just have to inspect what's growing in the garden. I haven't had time. The cineraria, 'Silver Boats,' is growing well. It's a kind of grass, but it's a strange shape and color. Pale green with white streaks. Something I planted, thinking it was grass or nettles, turned out to be flowers. Well, it didn't take long for it to grow as seedlings, so I planted it.

 


I have plans to expand the garden further. Next season, I'll grow seedlings in a greenhouse. There are lots of flowers. There's not enough space at home for this. I need some kind of greenhouse. I'm already thinking about it. Probably rings and floor insulation. And seedling boxes. That's how I see it. Option one. I love being a gardener. It's an interesting job, sunny and rainy.

 


A festive dacha day. I spent a lot of time in the garden, too. Just wandering back and forth. It really helps me relax. Unwind. See the world. Experience the universe as peace, color. Something beautiful. And something so constant. That's important to me. I've gotten so used to spending all my time just in the garden. On my day off. And now I've finished planting. The most labor-intensive part is behind me. Now it's time to pick the grass, look after the garden. Maybe organize what's growing. Wherever I left, I'd throw in seed wrappers with a pretty picture and the name of the plant. But that's not everywhere. And just look at the garden. Fertilize.

A festive summer day in the garden. Sun and heat. Lots of flowers. And relaxation. There was plenty of time to drink tea and just wander back and forth. Such a magical time.


Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.


WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html 

ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/


TUMBLR: https://dimalink.tumblr.com/

BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/

MASTODON: https://mastodon.social/@DimaLink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II – cinematic action and creepy aliens

Udochka – about flickering screen, Pascal moment