One-page websites – great memories, the first game


 

Summer and websites! How wonderful. This time I decided to make a simple website. A one-page website project. Where the essence of the site is shown on just one page. And I started with a childhood toy, the Grand Prix. It's a fun toy for Ms Dos.



You could say it was on a personal computer. Just think, this computer is also personal. Nothing but joy. You could play games. And such a beautiful and dynamic racing game. With a bright screen. Lots of colors. You're driving. Grass and meadow all around. There's even a tunnel. A black one. And the approach to it is like gray asphalt. A wall like this. I called it special effects.



In this race, you drive like a Formula 1. Several cars to choose from. And 8 tracks. 3 cars. A view from the cockpit. Which makes everything so realistic and simulated, as it were. But at the same time, the background is beautiful. Everything is green. And the sun is bright. A very positive and vibrant game. I'm so happy that this was my first PC game.

I remembered how vibrant the pictures were, the game screens. So I made this little website. It simply says it's for the game. And what the game parameters are. Like a cockpit view. 8 tracks. It's a Formula 1 simulator. A simple page in plain HTML. For practicing web programming. Layout. In the summer, I liven up the slow web traffic.



And this is a simple page. One page and that's it. With some design variations. This one turns out to be three pages. Simple, different looks. I felt like more of a decorator than a designer. Such a vibrant game. What I wanted was to somehow colorize everything. First, just make a page about the game. Goal achieved. Then colorize everything. And change the background color. That was even more interesting. Of course, readability suffers here. Oh well. I increased the font size for that. I had a fun and exciting time playing HTML.



There are game screens. And no information about the game. Text. A couple of paragraphs. And game features. Number of tracks. That kind of information. Everything is done using HTML. A list, a paragraph. It's simple. Just one internal page with simple information about my favorite gaming device from childhood. It's called "remembering an old friend."



I've had this project in mind for a long time – one-page websites. One small page. Simple HTML code. Simple information. Impressions. Description. What facts and features does the project have? Everything is simple and well-thought-out. And it's a pleasure to do. Such a positive attitude. Basic skills are reinforced. Nothing super complicated. A little about games, a little about HTML. Just what I need. It's a semi-dreamlike state.



The racing game is simply excellent. I think it works on a 386Sx2 computer. I had a 486dx2. That's what I played on. This game ran directly on the computer. It's an example of how a computer works. And such vibrant graphics. It was just summer. Summer had just begun. When this refrigerator started. It was making a lot of noise. The computer itself. And such beautiful graphics. The splash screen. With a picture. There's a car there. Like a photograph. A bit of a top-down view, a bit of an isometric view.




Different game modes. You can play with a bunch of other players. I was surprised when there were so many cars next to you. They all moved forward quickly. They must drive perfectly. That is, no mistakes are allowed. And then there's also a mode where you can just go for a drive alone. So leisurely. You just drive and look at the summer and the field. And in the distance, there's a city. Some kind of city. Very interesting. Of course, I'm so meticulous. With my brother. I tried to get to the city. Or turn the tracks into a green lid. I don't remember how that ended. Great memories.



 

 Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.


WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html 

ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/


TUMBLR: https://dimalink.tumblr.com/

BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/

MASTODON: https://mastodon.social/@DimaLink


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jedi Knight Dark Forces II – cinematic action and creepy aliens

Udochka – about flickering screen, Pascal moment