Free Bee – summer mood is flying

 


It is going on a development of videogame about a bee. Funny, good and kind little game. It is programming with programming language Free Basic and editor GVim. In this game everything is rather simple. You are fly forward. As game runner. You are play as a bee. Bee is flying with some funny joyful mood. Excellent mood. Game is for excellent positive mood.


You are just fly as a bee and collect fruits. And you need to avoid another birds, bugs. 1 type of enemy – it is, simply, bug, that fly in your direction. Game is like runner. And several levels. From something interesting – all looks funny! And bee. And fruits and a bug. Bug is, simply, fly towards you by his own line. Just avoid to crash into him, and that’s all. And, just fly forward.


You can free move along the screen with arrows. And that’s all. There is no shooting here. Only moves by screen. And you are something like, you are flying. That’s why all objects are in movement. And you can add to this - you are move at the screen.

So, something more interesting – it is two episodes. Something like that. First - it is day. Second – it is evening. Several backgrounds.



And idea for this game  - it was with me for a long time. I was sitting at my chair, one day. And I was eating orange, or mandarin. And it has a sticker. With a picture of a bee. I like that sticker a lot. And I put this ticker at the table near my computer. And, from time to time, I look at this bee. And, one day it came an idea into my head – to make a computer game about a bee. Which just fly at the background of a bright sky. And collects fruits. Like a runner. You fly – and think about nothing!



Similar story is about a little picture of orange. It is also a sticker which was put on orange. Which I eat. I was sitting at the computer and think about something.  Something like small round sticker for orange. Label. Maybe it is a symbol of a firm, which makes this oranges or some else to mean. But they can be bright and colorful. I like to watch them a lot! So, part of idea it was already done!



It is so nice, that bee lives like that and it is possible to make a game about a bee! Bee is flying and everything is so good here. Just like this game about your summer memories. How good it is to ride with bicycle. To sit at the grass and drink a tea. To look at plants, flowers. Little sun. Everything is so green. Lots of insects are singing their songs. Amazing time.



Lots lots of summer mood with this game. And bee. Which is flying. And, I almost forget! This is a game about a good and kind animals. Little animals. Game is about my friends. Good and kind animals - it is a big standalone theme for me. You know, mole, hedgehog, bunny and different other friends!

Control ingame is simple. You are moving by screen with arrows. And screen is moving by itself, also. So, this means you are something like flying all the time. And to your direction, towards you - fruits, and other bugs are flying.



Interesting theme, personally for me – it is a thing, that I use sprites for the first time. For development with Basic. I upload prepared pictures. To draw  - I train several times a week. That’s why, with a great fun I draw little bee. Sky, fruits and a bug. Bug, which fly towards you. Do not crash into him. And all of these - it is all the graphics in game. Every time it happens something new with Basic. I get to know something new and interesting!



And, this is a game with game resolution 800 x 600! Usually, I do something like 320 x 200. And, here I use sprites with size 64 x 64. And, something like that about a game resolution! Wow!

Game has a title Free Bee – because I do programming it with programming language Free Bee. I get this title at once. It is, someway, to reflect programming language. And, also, it is a game about a little bee. It is so lucky to make this name!



Once again, a more plus – it is, that I do programming everything with Free Basic and editor GVim.

Now, game is programed in main. So, all game menus, levels. At first look, there is everything. Sprites. But, I need to calibrate game process.

Little bee is flying! Have a nice Basic day!


This game will be released in terms of new version Basic Pascal Pack games. This game and some more games will be in a new version Basic Pascal Pack. As soon as I will have several complete games. All of them will to be in a new version Basic Pascal Pack. And a new version Basic Pascal Pack will be published for download.

Basic Pascal pack - whole pack of games and programes, written with basic and pascal. It is retro.

With each game and program there is a page at author`s website. There are aditional information, descriptions, pictures, arts.


Basic Pascal: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/packs/basicpascal/index_eng.html


Itchio: https://dimalink.itch.io/basic-pascal

Website: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass – restoration II

Restore legendary Pentium 2 and Voodoo 2 computer