Bass – restoration II

 


From time to time, I am making already my music news. So, I am a music listener. Mainly. But, from time to time, regularly. Butб not as it is good to be. But, I pay attention to music exercises. So, about a bass guitar, there is some story. So, I do not have my own music now. But, as I can say, everything is in ahead!



I make restoration of bass guitar Ural. About some certain condition. Which I planned. I, now, can try to record something with it.

Most important thing, that I installed. It is a new jack out. For a wire. You need to plug in a wire into a bass guitar and play. So, this is connector – it is jack. And I change it to standard. So, it was installed there a more compact size one jack. And I change it to standard to have a more simple situations. It is first bass.



So, I make a long time preparations for this moment. While, I receive the jack itself. From Ali Express. It is such a metal plate. Saying simple. And next thing, I need to be ready to solder it. To solder – it is a hard thing. Especially, if never did it before.

Once again, my bro helps me. Very a lot he helps me with it. And, as my brother told – solder process - it is jewelry process. To work with welding machine - it will be more easy thing.


It is in need to solder two wires to those jack. Those one, that was simple – I solder by myself. And from the first time – I failed to do it. But, I solder it in the end. And second one little wire – it was a hard one. And my brother was doing it for a long time. Also, he solder it.


And it was find out next, that, some device inside of a bass guitar, it was not existed some wire for it. So, it was a broken wire. And, it is to solder it too. If to keep for a long time a soldering iron near potentiometer, then it will be overheated. And, this thing will be broken. So, it was a some very accurate solder process in those place. And, this thing, also, goes to my brother, he was doing it. I am in this process - to keep guitar stable, to handle it in hands, only. And, I push some strings, to check can it play or not.



So, without brother - it will be no chance for me to prepare this guitar. So, main part of all the things - my brother does it. So, this is one of the reason, why I put aside this idea to change jack, and a soldering iron. And, I understand one point - it will be hard. But, one summer weekend day. Sunday. So, till the late evening, all of the things were done. In the early evening, I do this repair moment with bass guitar.



So, what is next – it is a simple things, count like this. To tighten with little bolts into a case. I have little bolts. Lots of them. Screwdriver I have too. And to check a guitar. It works!



It is interesting, we try it with some little combo with a word Spyder. So, we plug it into a guitar combo. We plug in a bass guitar into a electro guitar combo. And it even can play something. It is interesting sound in result. It is, already, some interesting point for my bro, he was interesting with it. He plays something for a long time. With a different strings. Some strings from a bass are sounds rather good with electro guitar combo.



And, next thing, last trick to do, it is to change string for new one. Orphee Electric Bass Guitar Strings VX120. So, I setup these strings. Well, I can change string. I can do this thing. But, my brother was interesting to look at this things too. So, we changed strings. It was such a blue package. Rather big. So, for the first time in my life, I take into my hands a bass guitar strings. So, at the package it is written - Vigorous tone and medium. 40, 60, 80, 100. It should to be a thickness of strings. I guess, it is normal.


About some interesting things. I pay attention. One moment. That about a jack itself. That this metal plate for bass guitar Ural you need plain. Not a curve. It is such a specific moment. It is a thing, that for lots of instruments. They are something like American – so, they have usually a curved form of a jack. It is a little of curved. So, this one not goes for soviet bass guitar Ural. But it is not a problem at all. There are all of the forms at the Ali Express. And curved, and plains. But, it takes some time. When I buy at first time typical one – which is popular these days - curved jack. While, I find a time to try it, and get idea - it is not a right form. To buy a plain one. Delivery process, also, takes a time.



So, lets make some result. And most hard part. It was to solder a jack. And to solder all the little wires. It takes most of time. And makes some pressure times, so hard moments. So, I will never do this for one attempt. That’s for sure. So, my little brother helps me. So, thanks to little brother! So, with this positive note I finish this music story.


Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.


WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html 

ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/

GAMEJOLT: https://gamejolt.com/@DimaLink/games



TUMBLR: https://dimalink.tumblr.com/

BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/

MASTODON: https://mastodon.social/@DimaLink

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restore legendary Pentium 2 and Voodoo 2 computer