Quake 2 – a notes from country house kwaker

 


 And I continue to play second Quake. It is a country house time. And, I can say, it is a summer outside. I run with shorts at the streets. And play from time to time in second Quake. And this time, I play more accurate with understanding for myself. And it is not like after a year of break in playing – I forget everything. And I adjust game screen resolution. 1280 x 800 I have. And now, during the game, I see a full screen. And, it is not cut. I see a panel with health and ammo. And a hand of a hero I see good.


I start to more often to use a cover places. It is about places with covers. Something like a big corner. Now it is a shotgun in action. It is a big gun. And, I am hard to say, how hero takes it in a hands. It is huge. It is, almost, like a rocket launcher. I think. But it is a shotgun. And, you are running out a cover corner and make a shot once or two times. And fast go back behind the corner. And do like this for several times. I use this attitude. Some places, I am more brave and use a grenades. It is a letter G. 



I say it, at the first time, that grenades are cute here, such rounded things. They are like from metal, at first look. Interesting view - spheres. Hero takes them in a hands. A little turn around. And, only after that, – make a throw. It is not at once. But few times it was useful. I make a step out from a tube, and it was a square and a whole three strong enemies. One of them, I hit a little with a grenade. And, after that, I move out from a tube and start to run across the square. And making a final shots from a sub machinegun. But, now a most in use weapon for me - it is a shotgun.



 Now, I am reading with F1 key what to do and what is going on. What I need to do. I am just now, before stroggs reactor. Such a reactor. It is full in fire, as it looks. And it is goal -  to destroy it. For this purpose, it is good to lower pump water cold flow. To make reactor out of work. So new zone, where am I now – it has lots of water. And I need to pull vent, rotate it.


Later, I was walking here and there in a search for a second vent. But actually, it is required to go at the crates at he same room with vent and jump. And it will be a button. And mission is going next. It is need to back to reactor. And to enter some pump sector.


Now I am braver. I use for several times a railgun. It works slow, but it is like a sniper rifle. If it makes a hit it hits really good. Several shots, 5 or 4, for most heavy enemies and they are done. For any other – even more less. And, if to make a good shot – it is enough a one hit. There is some purpose to use it here.


Submachine gun or shotgun are very good against casual enemies. As you make a burst with series – enemies are, already, shaken with animation. And they need a time to get together. As a shock therapy.

 


And, you are, already, doing a second burst. Shotgun is more powerful, by the way, but need to make shots one by one. First, second. Two, three shots for several simple enemies. So, some place, they are, again, most first enemies from the start of the game.

 


 

Level architecture – tech and gothic. Rather different. But, made it this way, key architecture is tech and gothic. Style is solid. But, rather, different, in result. Some place I was – it has lots of water.

 


Some place are about some medieval gothic like first quake. Somewhere, it is more about a techno base. So, it is about a whole locations. So, right now, I am running a territory connected with pump. And, here I use more often - a railgun. It works like sniper riffle. And, I slow go forward.

 


And, I remember, how I was a schoolboy and, so slowly, step by step, I was playing a games. So, I played for 15 min and stop. So, later, I play for 30 min. And, this way, you make your way forward in game. So, it was interesting times, as I can say. So, this manner, I play it, right now. And, I played. I made some different things. And, slowly, make a step forward in second quake.

A note is written in the end of may. It was already a summer weather. While summer is not begins.


Playing little games. From time to time i like to play videogames. And write about it. 

Dima Link is making retro videogames, apps, a little of music, write stories, and some retro more.


WEBSITE: http://www.dimalink.tv-games.ru/home_eng.html 

ITCHIO: https://dimalink.itch.io/

GAMEJOLT: https://gamejolt.com/@DimaLink/games



BLOGGER: https://dimalinkeng.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nes, Nes! I play Nes!

Frinsh – simple game match. Release!