8 bits weekend again! – what I played for two weeks

 


And, I give myself I try, to play videogames for console NES at Sundays. So, it happens, that I play not a lot. So, in one of the weeks I play very a little in Nes. And, in another week, I played pretty good, it was a gaming Sunday. So, I make one tale out of two game weekends.


And I played in Castlevania. Very first part. And I played with a cartridge. And I play with my China clone with name Fc Compact 2. And I stuck at level 2, this time. And I cannot overcome medusa, and even more often I get lost much earlier at the level. Before medusa you need to jump over platforms. And heads are flying into you. And, I more often, to fall in this moment. And, I cannot go far. But I spent time nice. So how do I play. I can seat with console one or two minutes. And go to do other things. So, it goes like this. Nes give a way to play like this. Set a pause and go for other things. So, this time it was like this. So, I was not upset because I do not go far.


I played much more in Nes in a next week. And played much more. I made a pauses, also. And all the time go back to console. I like 8 bit! I played in Dig Dug, Defender II. And it is on cartridge 500 in 1.

Dig Dug

Dig Dug – it is pure 8 bit game. About some mole, or something like this. Which is running under the ground and blow up enemies with pump. Enemies are some bugs or something like ghosts. It is game at 1 screen like pacman style. But its own way. So, I can recommend this title for 8 bit fans of game for 1 game screen. In its time it was a huge popular videogame. So, everything is yellow here. Well, screen are looks different. It can be a lines with green or other colors.


Game is kind. And I think that my joystick is not react so fast for such game. As I see, some buttons stuck after the press, while you move. You press the button and it is not move. Looks like at the edge of button. So, I look at this notification. And I lose several times because of this. But every level you start from the beginning.  And levels are fast here. For several minutes. Everything is dynamical.


I remember that it is 256 levels in pacman. I guess, that Dig Dug has a similar situation. While time goes, it is going faster and more dynamical gameplay. Also, rumbles with enemies. You are crawl to them. And everything starts to be faster and it is no time to think. Press the direction buttons and do it fast. Do maneuvers and blow up your enemies. Maybe even in a row. One by one. They are like a steam locomotive line.

Some enemies can run, by the way.  When enemy is alone. He just runs to the top of screen and run away. And level is complete.



So, I think to buy myself a gamepad for NES, someway better. Maybe buttons will react faster, maybe, idk. For fast games - it is a critical point.

It is very funny game. And I was happy with it in a sunny day. And I like Nes system for these points. And also, for the good and sunny memories. Sun is shining and you are sitting at the Nes and go through levels.  


Defender 2

One more super retro game.  And I am sure such game can be for Atari 2600 or higher model. Just like it came from Atari. And a real thing it is a funny game. You flying at a space ship. I don’t understand all the points of the game. But from the first looks it looks simply. Fly and shoot. And, by the way, you can fly forward and backward. And aliens are taking people. And you need to fly and defend them. As I understand. There are some points, like warps, as I get it. Jump into them and you are in another place. But I understand it later. And mainly – I play it like a casual shooter. Fly from left to right. And to the finish line. And shoot anything you see.


Graphic is simple. But rather interesting. With lines on a screen. Black screen. And very interesting decoration. I remember this game. And I run through couple of levels.

And to search for something interesting in a game pack – it is a fun deal. So very slow to check games. Maybe later to run again. I run defender before. And yes - I say to myself - it is a nice game. And this time I play it.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass – restoration II

Restore legendary Pentium 2 and Voodoo 2 computer